Thursday, August 16, 2012

Another Day Gone By...

This week has been an interesting one. Work is really picking up and I've been having a lot of stress and tension headaches. I have done surprisingly well with my diet though regardless of the added stress.

The #1 thing I struggle with is diet soda. I find myself STILL craving it after a good 6 weeks of going without it consistently. I have had a few times here & there, but for the most part I really play by the rules with this one. Soda & meat have been "bigger" things that I've given up. I know I'll never give up sweets ENTIRELY, so I've just found some sweets that are better for me. My friend Jillian suggested a dark chocolate mint bar. It comes in squares, so I just break of a few squares whenever I'm craving something sweet and have this for my treat. Dark chocolate, as most people know by now, has been proven to be very beneficial due to antioxidants. I actually just saw another finding today on yahoo-click HERE to learn more about that new study.
These bars were on sale for $2.50 each, but regularly priced is only $2.99 which isn't bad! Last night, I wasn't sure what to make for dinner so we had a smorgesborg!

I made my first ever baked sweet potato fries. I threw some salt, pumpkin pie spice, and olive oil on them and baked them for about 30 minutes on 450 degrees. We LOVED them. Definitely going to be a new regular recipe. So good for you too!

We also had vegetarian taco mix. Jon didn't even know it wasn't ground beef and he is the one who picked it out at Whole Foods! It was impressively good. I can't wait to get back to Whole Foods just to buy some more of that...and get another salad from their salad bar. Yum! No pics of that but trust me-it was delicious. 

I started this morning off with an Iced Green Tea from Scioto and some lovely time with the Guy. Love spending my morning with him and some quiet time. Ordered my Arbonne 7 Day Cleanse! I'll definitely be keeping you guys updated! Can't wait for it to get here and to start it ASAP!

Have a great Thursday! Friday is right about the corner :)


No comments:

Post a Comment