Friday, July 27, 2012

Mexican!!!

Okay, so with this whole new vegan thing going on I've been trying a lot of new recipes. Jon really enjoyed this recipe. I found it in the book I read-Never Be Fat Again, but I did tweak a few things.

So...

Ingredients:

1. Lentils
2. Garlic
3. Cumin
4. Onions
5. Tortilla
6. Taco Toppings-lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, guacamole, etc.


So I boiled my all natural 365 Green Lentils for abour 20 minutes before adding garlic, cumin, and onion. The book only calls for a TBS of each, but I added  a little A LOT more of everything. The lentil taste was hard to overcome. I ended up putting several TBS of each into the mix. I also cheated on the no dairy rule of our diet and added some shredded cheese. I also sauteed some green peppers that I sliced up earlier in the week. I use Ezekiel tortillas and had the peppers, salsa, and lettuce set out to use as toppings. I could have eaten this without the tortilla but Jon LOVED it. As soon as he finished his first burrito-he asked for a second. It's a good feeling with your recipe is liked.





Brown rice would also be a great add in. I started making it but I had no idea REAL brown rice took 50 minutes to cook instead of 10 minutes. Oops!


NEW OUTFIT ALERT:

So I got this new outfit before I started my new job, but just didn't feel like wearing it. Tight pencil skirts always give away your belly bulge, but since I lost 7 pounds-I feel great wearing them :) Amazing how much a little weight loss can help!

Shoes-Notice the Gold Buttons-I love the little details!


Added a sweater to accommodate my cold office!


Tried any new recipes lately?! Share away!


2 comments: