Thursday, July 26, 2012

#1 Tip!

#1 Diet tip of the day?

DON'T CARRY EXTRA CHANGE OR SMALLER BILLS OF MONEY AROUND WITH YOU!

Seriously...this helps more than you think. You have no idea how many times this week at work I have seen someone get a candy bar from the vending machine as I'm warming up my healthy lunch in the microwave, and I suddenly have an urge for something sugary!

Or it's during the last half of the day when I'm getting tired, and I just want to go grab one of those french vanilla cappucinos (my number one comfort food at work) to make myself feel better.

But guess what? I have no money! Yea, I have a debit card, but THANKFULLY they haven't switched over to the credit card-accepting vending machines.

So, if you find yourself dealing with the same cravings and issues that I deal with, I encourage you to just not even take the extra money or change with you to work or anywhere else where you might face this issue. It has kept me from ruining my good diet days all week this week! And at the end of the day, when I look at my food diary, I feel so proud of how well I did- that wouldn't have happened if I would've had an extra 80 cents in my purse to get a snickers bar!

Keep going, and don't even put yourself in tempting situations! :)

1 comment:

  1. Um we were just talking about buying candy bars. Unfortunately I have...about 10 $1 bills in my wallet. And plenty of change. The Twix bar is calling my name! I may cheat and work out tonight even though it's my off day.

    ReplyDelete