Wednesday, June 20, 2012

On the road again!

So last Thursday, I FINALLY got to run again for the first time in like 3 weeks! It felt amaaaazing. I obviously had to start out a little bit slower than what I left off at, but I didn't care--I was just happy to be running again. I ran 2 miles and walked 2 miles.

I guess I should update you all on how I was able to run again. I went to my doctor's appointment and my doctor said that it sounds like I'm having blood pressure problems after I push my body as hard as I do when I run. So, she gave me some blood pressure pills (called beta blockers?), and I have to take one every single day. I'm supposed to go back to the doctor in a month for a check-up to see if the meds helped--and I REALLY hope that they do! I hate not being able to run!

Besides that, I think I'm going to take a trip to the Chiropractor--as soon as I find one! (Can you believe that I've never been?) Something tells me that it might not just be my blood pressure, but rather a pinched nerve in my neck, since I experience pain there a lot when I run. I would MUCH rather not have to take a pill every day, so if that's what it is--I just want to get it fixed!

In the mean time, though, I'm going to be trying out these blood pressure pills.

If all goes well, I am going to start the 10k training that Britt posted on the site a while ago. Keep your fingers crossed--and keep me in your prayers, please! Last night I actually got in a 3 mile run (with only about a 4 minute walking break during those 3 miles!) .

Check out my running scenery! I LOVE running outside!

Besides all of the news about my running, I went boating for the first time ever on Saturday! It was SO much fun! I was a little nervous about getting in the water at first, but once I forced myself to jump in--I was pretty cool with it the rest of the time. We also went tubing in the water--SCARY! But, once again, a blast! :)

Besides the fun factor, I think I got a pretty good work-out during my day too! I didn' realize it at the time, but when I woke up the next morning, I was soooo sore! Not to mention my painful sunburn and huge bruise which I don't know the origins of. haha! But the bruise is going away, and the burn is turning into a very nice tan, so no complaints here. :)

1 comment: