Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Help! I want to eat the entire house!

Heeeey! Wow, it's been over a week since Britt or I have even posted! I know I know, shame on us. But, in our defenses, it's been pretty crazy for the both of us during the past couple of weeks. I'll let her give ya'll an update on her life when she's ready.

As for ME, this Friday ends my LAST week of class! I will officially be on Summer Break! Woooo! But along with the ending of a quarter comes a ton of homework and final assignments. I haven't let that affect my diet, though! Thank goodness! I have been doing better than ever! :)

I am please to announce a 3.8 pound lost since I last posted!!!! I almost screamed when I stepped on the scale after 2 weeks of no weighing!
So here I am...15 pounds lighter!!!! :)
My absolute best friend as of a month ago is Myfitnesspal.com! I know that both Britt and I have talked about it before, but I didn't use it a ton until recently, and it has been my diet savior!


Here's all of the great reasons I believe that it is a dieter's best friend:

1. You can gain a support system. I have built a community of "pals" on the site for support! There are so many other girls out there that are going through the exact same things as I am, and it's great to share advice, sympathy, and achievement celebrations with each other! I have also found people who are "success stories" and they really inspire me and remind me that I can be one too!

2. You can document your own personal long-term goals and set your daily goals to achieve them.

3. You can track your daily calories, carbs, fat grams, and protein grams. Their food database is AWESOME. There has only been a couple of times that I looked up a food item (including restaurants) and haven't been able to find it. In those rare circumstances, you can manually add the nutrition information yourself. Trust me, you'll be extremely surprised at the amount of calories in the foods that you eat all the time! (P.S. My "Are you kidding me!?!?" moment was when I found out that a cinnamon crunch bagel from Panera....WITHOUT the cream cheese....is 800 calories! ahhhhh! run!)

4. You can track your daily exercise. This tool is GREAT because sometimes I just feel a little extra hungry and go over my calories...but as soon as you add your exercise in, they add the calories that you earned to your daily calorie goal! They have an awesome exercise database just like their food database too! I've always found my exercise in the database--with the amount of calories burned already included!

5. You can weigh-in to your page as many time as you want. You can also record your measurements as you lose weight. It's so easy to keep track of your weight loss! And the best part is that when you lose weight at your weigh in, the site makes an announcement to all of your "pals" so that they can congratulate you! And trust me, it feels awesome!

So those are all of my reasons for why you need to join Myfitnesspal! You won't regret it! And as soon as you do, add me! Martin2132 :)

You're probably wondering what in the world my title has to do with anything that I have said so far. Well, that title is exactly how I have felt this whole beginning of the week! I have had the WORST sugar and grease cravings ever! I really hope I can make it through the rest of this week without gaining some of my weight back! I've been handling it PRETTY well by continuing to exercise even though I might eat a little bit more than usual.

Last thing on the agenda is an update on my health issue that has kept me from running. First of all, I must say that I miss running! Walking is so boring in comparison! But, I have an appointment with my doctor this Friday, so hopefully we can figure out what this weird thing is that's going on with my body when I run. Wish me luck! I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment