Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Almonds & Feta

I made this delicious salad today for a pre-workout snack.

Shredded Lettuce
Sliced Almonds
Low Fat Cottage Cheese (Holy protein!)
Sprinkle of Feta Cheese
Corn

It sounds weird, but it was so good! Filled with protein & even some good carbs for some energy on my run with my lovely Boyfriend. I cannot wait! For dinner we are opting for Chinese Takeout. Now I know what you're thinking-UNHEALTHY! But Jon and I opt for the Szechuan Chicken with veggies and brown rice which is actually the very healthiest thing you can get there! It's all white baked chicken, no breading. The only bad part is that the chicken and veggies are cooked in butter, but it's not bad to splurge once in awhile especially when the splurge is still pretty healthy! Super excited for our mid-week date night :)


The 5k Saturday went so well! Lindsay and I finished in 31 minutes. She paced herself the ENTIRE time. GO LINDS! I did end up having to spring and walk the last mile or so but managed to catch up with her in the end! Our brother Jordan finished at 26 minutes. So proud of him also!

Unfortunately, Lindsay got extremely sick after the race. She is taking a break from running until she can figure out what is going on with her health. Please pray for her! So worried but I know God will take care of her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment