Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Here We Go!

In the words of a boy band, "Here we go, one more time!"

So this week has been an AWESOME one for me! I finally got the motivation jolt that I've needed for a while, and I've been extremely successful so far. Here's how my week has gone...

Monday- Started my 5k training to prepare for Britt and I's next 5k in May! My goal is to run the whole thing without breaking with a walk! The first day of training included walking for 1 minute then running for 3 min (repeated 7x). Let me tell you, it was MUCH harder than it sounds! I also started a daily work out plan for muscle training that I found on Pinterest!
~So I followed this plan for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

*Tuesday- For 5k training today, I needed to choose some type of cross-training. So, I chose to go on the elliptical for 30 minutes. I went at like a 4.5 mph pace, so nothing too impressive, but not too shabby either!

*Wednesday- The weather was awful today, so I decided to stay in and do cross-training again. Another 30 minutes on the elliptical!

*Tomorrow I plan to get back outside to run again, along with Friday.

Besides having a few awesome days of workouts, I've done impeccably well with my food choices! I started drinking tea in place of coffee during my mornings, which has definitely cut some calories! I've also forced my healthy choices on my boyfriend. :) We went out to eat both on Monday and today, and he wanted to go to a Chinese buffet! I put my foot down and told him that I had to go somewhere that would give me some healthy choices. He wasn't buying it until I said that I would be wasting his money if we went to the Chinese buffet because I would only get salad. He then agreed to go to Wendy's. There, I ate a small chili with sour cream, a few chicken nuggets, and drank just water.

Today, we went to Bob Evans for lunch- which has a ton more healthy options! I just got a bowl of vegetable beef soup which is DELICIOUS!

Besides all of the good news about my diet this week, I also started my new job on Monday! It's definitely a challenge to get up at 6:30 every morning, sometimes even earlier, but I think it's really helping me to be healthier all around! I never believed people when they said it's better for you to wake up early, and your metabolism works faster when you do. But I'm starting to believe them! I really do feel alot better since I've been going to bed early and waking up early. Oh, and, I'm loving my job so far! :)

And last but not least, I've decided to use this picture that was taken on Easter Sunday a few days ago as one of my "before" weight-loss pictures.

I know I don't look obese, buuuut I would say that I look pretty plus-sized (No comments, Britt!) haha So, here's to shedding off the extra pounds and continuing to have an awesome week! :)

Good luck fellow Health Nuts!
<3, Linds




No comments:

Post a Comment