Wednesday, April 4, 2012

5K Training


It's official! I have successfully ran two days this week so far! I am ecstatic that my foot is doing well. Lindsay and I signed up for another 5k in May, so I knew that I needed to jump on the training wagon. I've talked about Sparkpeople a lot lately. It's a lot like Myfitnesspal but MUCH more involved. If you want something simple-stick with Myfitnesspal. But if you want something to get more involved in as far as a community and group of ppl-Sparkpeople is much better. You can get emails from people in your group and much more. I'm now a member of the 20 Somethings with 10-24 Pounds to Lose and also the 5K Training Group. I get weekly emails reminding me of what my running schedule looks like (which is pictured below). I can also track my daily runs. I like that this program stresses rest and variance in weekly workouts with the cross training. 
Ran right after a good rain so it was nice and cool.





Monday, we headed to Hargus. We took it extremely easy just to test how strong my foot was after two months off. Tonight, we are heading to the Y to cycle or swim or something besides walking & running. Than I will be spending my entire evening cleaning & packing. Got a busy few days ahead of me! And lots of family time so I cannot wait :) I love Spring & Easter Time. I still have to find a killer Easter outfit. Kind of a Martin girl tradition!!! Right Linds? 

My current obsession: The three layer hummus I got from Trader Joe's. Holy cow-it is delish. I liked hummus before but just got sick of it after a few times of buying it. But this new mix is perfect. I have been opting to eat it with celery mostly. The spicy taste of the cilantro hummus really gives it an edge while the original and red pepper cool it down a bit because it is PRETTY spicy.


Any races or new food favs for you guys?

No comments:

Post a Comment