Monday, April 2, 2012

Motivated Monday

I have never been more excited for a Monday in my life. Except maybe if Christmas has ever fallen on a Monday which I'm sure it has. Any way, today is my first day back to running. I have high hopes of a good run and a good feeling foot afterwards. I plan to take some motrin before running and ice immediately after the run. We are heading to some softer running ground instead of running downtown on concrete. I want to do whatever it takes to just be able to run! Cannot wait.

There is just something about working out and eating well. It's hard for me to do one without the other. So in order to do this-this girl needed to head to the grocery. I've been doing a lot of research and thinking about the types of food I put into my body with all of my recent health issues. I headed to Trader Joe's to find some healthy, organic, reduced guilt food to help get me through this first week back! I found SEVERAL yummy items. I was pleasantly surprised at the affordable prices at Trader Joe's. I just expected everything to be completely out of price range and ridiculously over priced. What did I buy? Well let me just tell you.

1. Trader Joe's Queso Dip. At 15 calories a serving-who can resist?
2. Triple Layer Hummus-Cilantro, Traditional, and Red pepper. I am excited to try the Cilantro kind!
3. Garlic Cucumber Dip for Veggies, Chips, & more. Also low calorie at 30 a serving.
4. Reduced Guilt Tortilla Chips. 120 Calories per serving
5. Organic Navel Oranges
6. Reduced Guilt Brownies. You just add vanilla greek yogurt, mix, and bake for these treats!
7. Ezekiel Bread Raisin Cinnamon. Heard lots of great things about this stuff.

I believe that sums up my Trader Joe's Shopping Trip. I also made my way to Walmart to pick up some regular items I didn't find at TJ's.

I have switched from Myfitnesspal to Spark People also. Spark has a lot more things to participate in. Groups you can get involved in, setting every possible goal you can imagine and being able to track it, daily progress reports, workouts to follow-these are all some of the things Sparkpeople offers. Here is a snapshot of my day today-Nutrition and Fitness.

I have cardio tonight as well as strength training for which they provide workouts, examples, and rep numbers. EXCITED! 

I also bought this new water bottle. My lovely boyfriend gave me a huge Brita so I could stop buying bottled water so I got this guy to take with me to work. We decided I may need two because this guy was almost gone by 11:30 a.m. I'm a bored drinker!

Morning Snack

Finishing up lunch. Delish.

So since this is motived Monday-what motivates you?
Here is my motivation for today!!!


P.S. Congrats to Linds on her new job! Couldn't be happier for her. Love you little Sis. But I still want my Starbucks cup back little brat!

No comments:

Post a Comment