Friday, February 3, 2012

Take it Easy!

Ok, so this week I may have done some over training. I ended up straining a muscle in my left foot. OUCH! It does not feel good. This did not stop me from working out though! It just forced me to change some things up. Putting pressure on my foot causes a lot of pain so I was limited in my choices. I chose to use the stationary bike at the YMCA. Biking allowed me to burn some calories while keeping weight off my foot. It also helped stretch my foot out. I took a book, some magazines, my ipod, & my cell phone to keep me company as I embarked on my 14 mile ride. It felt good but it really sucks to not be able to run! It's become very addicting this week. I ordered some insoles from Amazon today and I'm also going to look into an arch support. 

REMINDER: Take care of yourself and treat injuries immediately. 

Now for some Fab & Fit Friday tips-
1. Eat more veggies. This girl is opting for some extreme Spinach lately. I got a HUGE carton of it for $2.99 on Manager Special at Kroger. I made a salad for dinner last night which had plenty of spinach, cubed avocado, mushrooms, and fat free croutons. I topped it with 1 tbs of Light Ranch Dressing & a sprinkle of shredded cheese. I'm having the same for lunch today but with some Tyson Grilled Chicken Breast Chunks. Delish!


2. Allow yourself some space to breath, but know yourself. I've had a pretty blah week. Work has been busy, fighting off a cold, Jon is gone on vacation, and now my foot. So to treat myself, I decided to get some ice cream. I wanted Hagaan Dazs ice cream but I knew if I got the big carton, I would eat the entire thing. So instead, I opted for the mini ice creams that literally fit in the palm of your hand. I got Coffee & Peanut Butter Chocolate. I treated myself to one last night and I was still under my daily calorie intake thanks to my 14 mile bike ride!

3. Get a support system. Having Lindsay to chat with every few days has helped a lot! It's kind of like a mini competition slash support system we have going on. My friend Ande is also a huge help. We have been friends for 6+ years and have shared our weight struggles the whole way. Myfitnesspal is a great way to do this!



That is all for today fellow weight loss friends. Good luck this weekend! Enjoy the weather & be strong :) Remember---2012 Will Be Our Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment