Thursday, February 2, 2012

New Perspective

This past weekend, I gained a whole new perspective of dieting and fitness.

I will admit that in the past, every time I would diet, it was because something had happened concerning my weight and I was really embarrassed, or because I just felt extremely unconfident about myself and knew I had to do something to make myself happy with who I am.  Because this was my perspective, while dieting, I would literally wake up every morning and say to myself- "Well, this is going to be an awful day.  I'm not going to be able to eat what I want. I'm going to be hungry most of the day, and I'm going to have to go through the pain of working out."  Then, I would get out of bed and start my day with this mindset.  When I talked to Brittany about how I felt, she said that it made her want to cry and that she couldn't imagine trying to live every day feeling like that.

So, no wonder I was never really successful with my dieting, right?  No one will ever be successful when that is the kind of mindset that they have.

Well, I admit, I kind of started out this year with a smiliar mindset.  No, I didn't literally wake up every morning and think that anymore, and yes, I had a much better attitude, but it was was still in the back of my head.

Do you want to know the key to losing weight?  Do you finally want to find the magical formula that takes off the pounds? Well, here it is:    BE COMFORTABLE AND CONFIDENT.

I think that people, including myself, have always approached weight loss in the wrong way.  For instance, I always started dieting because I went through something that made me feel very unconfident about myself--that's why I always failed.  You must first be comfortable with your current body and confident in yourself before you ever try to lose weight.

Getting fit and losing weight is NOT for wimps!  I'm sure pretty much everyone who reads this can agree! It takes an extremely tough person to work so hard to get the kind of body that they want- without giving up!  So you can't be weak and uncomfortable with yourself going into it or you'll never achieve the great things that you want to achieve. 

After talking to someone over this past weekend, I realized that I could be confident in the body that I have right now.  Of course it's not the body that I ultimately want, which is why I am working hard right now to change that.  But I can still be comfortable in my own body and have confidence.  If you don't have confidence in yourself, and if you aren't comfortable with your current body- no one else will be.  Realize that you're amazing RIGHT NOW! Before any of the weight comes off.  If you try to have this mindset instead of the kind of depressing, unconfident mindset that I have had in the past, you will feel much more motivated and excited about your weight loss.  You're not trying to completely transform a hideous beast....you're just trying to fine tune someone who is already beautiful! :)


Believe in yourself!!! <3, Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment