Monday, February 20, 2012

The Greatest Obstacle of All!

Well, as everyone can probably see just from our blog up-keep for the past few weeks, Britt and I have been pretty busy!!  As she said in her last post, she's finally getting back on track after her trip to Texas.  My busyness, on the other hand, has just begun! 

First of all- My school schedule has been pretty insane the last few weeks, and is only getting worse!  I have a 15 minute proposal presentation tomorrow and a 45 minute presentation on Thursday- and that's just THIS week!  In the weeks following, there are many more big projects and exams to complete, and I've already completed a few big projects in the past two weeks.  But! I can't complain...because I am SO close to being a college graduate! :)

Second of all- I just received some pretty big news!  I am officially going to be traveling to the country of Haiti in about four weeks! I can't even begin to say how excited I am about that! I will be going with 15 other students to complete about four big projects regarding education in Haiti.  I won't be directly working on the projects, but I'm going to be the author or reporter of everything that we do while we are there!  Then, after we return, I will start working with a professor on compiling all the work that I did while I was there, and I will have to present it at a huge conference in front of people from colleges all over the country- talk about nerve-wrecking!  The professor in charge, however, didn't ask me to go until the last minute.  You can imagine how much paperwork and deadlines go into a trip like that! So, basically, I have been filling out paperwork and running to the post office at least once a day to send all of it out- not to mention I had to upgrade my passport.  Everything for the trip is pretty much done now, thank goodness! But I still have a lot to do in preparation for leaving!

Third of all- Of course, the flu bug is flying around like crazy.  And, of course, I caught it! Talk about the worst time to be sick!  It set me back with a lot of the work that I needed to get done, but thankfully, it was pretty much just a 24 hour kind of sickness.

Well, now that you've heard me babble on about everything going on in my personal life, I'm sure you're dying to hear how I relate all of this information to fitness and weight loss.  Well, just like the title of this post, the greatest weight loss obstacle of all is being busy.  I can prove this fact with my own personal life the past few weeks.  Remember the website Britt and I talk about all the time called myfitnesspal.com? Well, one of the girls on my friends list sent me a text the other day and said "My fitness pal says that you might need encouragement because you haven't logged in for a week.  So, keep going! You can do this!" This definitely made me laugh! I thanked her, but I let her know that I haven't given up- I've just been to busy to log everything on the site. I'll be honest, though, when you're always in hurry, you can't really eat the kinds of foods that you should be eating.  Yes, I might skip out on eating a filling meal to make up for the not-so-healthy foods that I was eating in a hurry, but this approach won't last for long. 

My advice to those of you who find yourself in the same busy boat as me is to PRIORITIZE. There is always something that we can cut out and fill with something more important.  How important is your health or weight loss to you?  Is it more important than the 20 minutes of television that you watch before you go to bed? Is it more important than_______________? Just fill in the blank.  Weight loss is never going to fly onto your lap.  You're going to have to make time for it, and if you don't, you will never see results.

But keep going! February is almost over, and I hope we are all still hangin' in there to meet those New Year's Resolutions. I am...who's with me? :)

P.S. Check out the Haiti Empowerment Project that we will be working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment