Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tricks of My Trade

Ok so for today I wanted to give some of my personal info like zumba instructor, workouts, eating plans, playlists, etc. YAY! Okay so all of these are crucial. Let me just give you some of my must's.

For Christmas, I accumulated new weights, heart rate monitor/watch, new running tights, Nike running headband & matching gloves. I now have 1 pound weights-for Zumba, 5 pound weights, 8 pound weights, & one 10 pound weight. I also bought myself an Ipod shuffle specifically for running and working. I really needed this especially after losing my Itouch. These have all helped me with my new journey towards being Fit & Fabulous!


I have started doing Zumba Mondays & Fridays in Chillicothe on my way home. The instructor is fabulous! Her name is Deb Adkins. If you are in the area and looking for a good Zumba class, try her out. You can find any Zumba class near you by going to this link ZUMBA. Try it. I will also be going to a class locally at a studio called Charmion. You can find them HERE.



I also use an amazing website to download semi free music. Rock My Run is now expanding, but because I joined before their expansion-they gave me ten free credits. You get 1 free credit a month and each mix they make is 1,2,3,4 credits depending on the length. They are awesome mixes. They give you some extra motivation at the beginning and also how many BPM (beats per minute) so you can match your run with your mix.
I know I already talked about it on Monday, but Lindsay and I started using My Fitness Pal. It's been so awesome & helpful this week. I like to get onto my account every morning and build my day. I start off with my morning coffee & whatever I grab for breakfast on my way out the door. I add everything I have packed for the day which usually consists of a few snacks and a good meal. I also try to think what my evening is going to look like and add in my dinner, pre-workout snack, post workout snack, etc. This helps me see where I can splurge during my day.


OK-one last thing. I just registered for another 5k along the Scioto River for May 12. It's $25 but it goes towards an amazing cause. Please check out this site and help this little boy-Nathan's cause!!! REGISTER & HELP NATHAN

No comments:

Post a Comment