Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Results!

Yesterday was the big day!  I weighed myself for the first time since Britt and I started our journey to a fit lifestyle.  I was extremely nervous because, like alot of people, I get very discouraged when I don't see the results that I've been working hard for show up on the scale.  In the past, this discouragement has always led to me giving up.  You can see why I was so nervous, right?!

Well, I took a DEEP breath, and stepped on the scale.  I was almost too afraid to look down! But when I did, I almost screamed! The scale showed that I had lost exactly 6 pounds since I first weighed myself 2 weeks ago!! I was ecstatic!

My 2 main reasons for this post?

1.  Don't give up because results are on their way!  When you do see the results, take them and run with them!  Right after I finished my happy dance over the 6 pound loss, I reminded myself that those first 5-10 pounds are the easiest to lose, and, if I'm not careful, I will gain them right back.  Use your results as a motivater to do more- not to let your guard down and become lax.  I know that there are many more pounds to lose ahead of me.  I have to keep going!

2.  Don't only look to the scale for your results.  Right before I stepped on the scale yesterday, I gave myself a pep talk.  I told myself that no matter what numbers showed up, I was going to keep going strong.  Why? Because results show up in more than just a number form on the scale.  That number is the LEAST important form of results, yet, for some reason, it's the form that we rely on the most.  We have to start looking for results in other places!  Just like Britt said in her post yesterday, she hasn't lost any weight according to the scale, but her body feels great!  And like I said in a previous post, people are noticing that my skin looks clearer!  There are SO many benefits to living healthy.  You can't just look to the scale for encouragement and motivation.  Results are all around you! Find them! Use them to keep you going!

*With all of that being said, I encourage everyone to limit your weigh-ins.  Yes, it's nice to see how you're doing, but there is such a thing as over-kill when it comes to weighing yourself.  To avoid the possibility of getting discouraged when you don't see the weight-loss results that you want to see every single week, I suggest only weighing yourself every two weeks at the least.  My best friend would always try to diet in high school, and she weighed herself almost every other day.  When she didn't really see results, she got discouraged.  When she went to college, however, she didn't even have a scale!  She came back home during her Christmas break and she had lost 20 pounds within a couple months, and she didn't even know it!  She said that she did notice her clothes getting kind of big but that she had no idea the results were that drastic.  Her examples just proves that most of the time the scale does a lot more bad than good. 

Keep going!  Don't spend so much time looking down-but forward.  You'll be glad that you did. :)

Believe it!!! ---->

<3, Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment