Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Party in a Blizzard

To go along with Lindsay's post from Monday-YES! Now is the time when we all start to slack off in our super awesome goals we set for ourselves. And my title really has nothing to do with this post except that this is my least favorite song at Zumba but it seems to be everyone else's favorite. Go figure. 

MY WEAKNESS
1. Jon is off the bandwagon. There is nothing worse for a girl than having a boyfriend or husband who is eating Triple Baconators & scarfing down cookies. What is even worse is when he leaves to go to Florida and you chose not to go and you know he is dipping freshly caught lobster in a huge bowl of melted butter. AH! My favorite.

2. The weather STINKS! I cannot stand running indoors anymore. After a summer of running around the lake, I just can't do it. My mind torchers me the entire time! Party in a blizzard?

3. A sister that won't wake up for Zumba. I did try 3 times to find a place to Zumba over the weekend, but Friday night we got lost. And Saturday morning---you try waking up a tired Lindsay. NOT FUN!

4. Visiting family & friends during Valentine's Day Season. Uh---OF COURSE I'm going to get the Little Debbie Cakes. OMG. They are the best. Seriously....the absolute best.

5. Free food. I always struggle when I go home because my parents like to treat all of us to dinner every night so of course I'm thinking get as much as you can! It's easier to say no when you're paying for it youself, ya know?


WAYS TO GET PAST THE MOMENTS OF WEAKNESS
1. Get the man into your routine. Jon has promised to start working out with me when he gets back from Florida. I do understand this so I am just waiting for him to get back so we can get it started!

2. If you can't enjoy your exercise because of the weather--find another option! I've really taken to Zumba in this dreary cold weather. It's awesome! Try it out!

3. It's okay to take a break from everything, but make sure this doesn't mean you are done completely.

4. Eat one Little Debbie Cake. Than walk away! Drink some water & go for a walk.

5. Even though it's free food, take this opportunity to get something healthy and delicious. Saturday, we went to Mimi's Cafe. I opted for a side of veggies and a huge salad! It was delicious. I treated myself to a Raisin Carrot Muffin there also-they are amazing.



MY STRENGTH

1. My mom is a beast right now. She has lost some weight and is going strong. When she gets motivated, there is no stopping her. I went on her elliptical for maybe 10 minutes and was DYING. She was on for 45 minutes. I wanted to die. But good for her.

2. Zumba. Every time I go to Zumba I find new motivation. I did 70 minutes of Zumba last night and when I got home I grabbed Lo & went for a 15 minute run without stopping which was 1.4 miles. So I was running a 10 minute mile pace which I'm okay with for now.

3. WEATHER! Last night I wore sandals! Today is supposed to be 60 so I will be running outside again! Hopefully for 30 minutes. Keep this weather coming!

4. Being home. I am in a routine now so when I go home or get out of that routine-I struggle. So just being back home is really helping me stay on track.

5. SELF-MOTIVATION!!! This is the most important. I just keep looking at old pictures and things on Pinterest to keep me going.


1 comment:

  1. In my defense, we stayed up late with a friend on Friday night!!!! :)
    <3, Linds

    ReplyDelete