Monday, January 30, 2012

Resolution Blues

There's no denying...we all get them! The New Years Resolution Blues.

It's that time of the year- the beginning of February.  The time when people start to forget all of those New Years Resolutions that they made, and they start to get pretty lazy.  This is especially true with resolutions about getting fit or losing weight!  We're all super pumped up for that first month, then it seems to slowly start to fade.  I'm so guilty of this myself! BUT! I told myself that 2012 was going to be different.  No more giving in to the Resolution blues.  Even when I get down, I'm always going to jump right back up! 

A perfect example of these blues was this past weekend....

February brings many things besides these blues....and one of those things that it brings is Valentines' Little Debbie Cupcakes! Ahhhh! You all now what I'm talking about! Those little pink and white heart shaped cupcakes that are death in a package! haha...well, Britt came home this past weekend, and we just happened to pass some of those cupcakes in an aisle in Target.  She looked at them, looked at me, looked back at them, grabbed them as fast as she could, and ran toward the check-out line! I had to laugh, and I told her that there was no way that I was eating them.  HA! You all probably already said in your head...yea right, Lindsay...Well, if you did, you're right! I definitely scarfed one down as soon as we got home.

Saturday just led to more bad habits resurfacing.  I was traveling to and from a concert all day, so I had fast food and stadium food as my meal choices.  Needless to say, I didn't eat healthy that entire day. 

I won't lie...the thought did run through my head that I should just give up.  As soon as that thought entered my head, I shoved it out as fast as I could!  When Monday rolled around, I had an AWESOME healthy day!

If you're starting to feel the New Years Resolution blues, or if you feel them coming on soon, DON'T GIVE IN.  DON'T GIVE UP. Give yourself an off day, and shake it off.  It's what makes the difference between a crash diet and a lifestyle.  A lifestyle realizes that you're gonna have off days, or weekends, or weeks- but that doesn't mean you give up. Keep going strong for 2012. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment