Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Diversity

I believe that one of the hardest parts of trying to lose weight or trying to get in shape or anything of the sort is realizing that everyone's bodies are different.  Not everyone has the perfect Barbie body, nor is everyone capable of attaining the perfect Barbie body.  I am one of those people.  No matter how much I work out and no matter how many fruits and veggies I fill my diet with, it's just never going to happen.  I am 5'8 and naturally built with an insane amount of muscle in my legs.  Granted, right now I have way too much fat around all that muscle! But the fact is, I'm never gonna have the stick legs that are considered to be attractive.  It's very hard to swallow, but I believe that once you get to a healthy weight, you're going to feel good about yourself no matter what.  The fact that everyone's bodies are different is what inspired my sister and I to name our blog the title that we did- "Sisters come in all different shapes and sizes".  We want to convey to everyone the message that not everyone has the same body types- just like my sister and I do not.  That does not mean, however, that there is a selection of who can get fit and who can not.  No matter what body type you are, you can be healthy and fit. 

Along with the diverstiy of body types comes the diversity of personalites, backgrounds, styles, and many more!  Brittany and I are definitely different in these areas also!  You can probably already tell just from our separate posts!  Britt is someone who likes to cook and does alot of it.  Me on the other hand? Not so much. I personally don't like to cook, and I'm not very good at it! This is something that has been very discouraging to me in the past when I have tried to start eating healthy.  For a while, I thought that it was impossible for me since I didn't really do much cooking.  That statement is actually so far from the truth!  It is very important to find YOUR individual way of living a healthy life style.  No matter what kind of person you are, there is a way. 

Britt has shared her recipes and a few things that she has tried.  Well, now it's time for those of us who aren't cooks and would rather just have something quick and easy!  So, I have come up with some great ideas that have really been working for me!

Breakfast- My 2 favorites are Waffles and Peanut Butter:

*I use Eggo Whole Wheat Waffles and Smart Balance Peanut Butter- Takes about 5 min. total
               
                 And an Egg Sandwich and Fruit:

*I use toasted whole wheat bread (which I use a couple sprays of spray butter on), scrambled egg whites (easiest to just buy a carton of egg whites), and Fat-free cheese.  Add a banana or a cup of grapes and you're good to go!- Takes about 7 min. total

Lunch-  My 2 favorites are Ham&Cheese Sandwich with carrot chips or baked potato chips:

*I use whole what bread, Low sodium ham, fat free cheese, and mustard for the sandwich.  For a side, I have a handful of carrot chips (which are normal raw carrots but in a chip-like shape- you can find them in the lettuce sections of most stores) with some Fat Free Veggie Dill dip- a nice change from ordinary ranch dip.- Takes about 5 min. total

             And, for those days when you're really on the go for lunch, a Fresco Bean burrito from Taco Bell.  Make sure you specifically order the Fresco version.  It's very filling and made with alot more healthy ingredients compared to the original bean burrito!- Time depends on the drive-thru line :)

Dinner- My 2 favorites are a Chicken & Cheese Quesadilla:

*This one is my new favorite!  It's SO easy and delicious!  I use Low Carb Banderita tortillas (there are a few options with the brand- they have fat free, low carb, and whole wheat), fat free shredded cheddar cheese, and grilled chicken strips-already cooked! (You can find these at pretty much any grocery store, even Aldi's! But I find it most helpful to get a large bag from Sams Club.  Of course it depends on how many quesadillas you think you may eat!), and then I dip the quesadillas in Fat Free sour cream.  The only catch is that I have a quesadilla maker, so it only takes about 1 minute for the quesadilla to cook! If you think this is a meal idea that you will use many times, I suggest in investing in one of these quesadilla makers! They're awesome!- Takes about 7 min. total

             And, a bowl (8 oz.) of Special K Protein Plus Cereal with a cup of 50% less sugar Orange Juice:

*Now, you might think I'm crazy for this one, but hear me out!  First of all, nothing can be easier to make than cereal.  Second of all, I find it very helpful to eat a small dinner, and a big breakfast.  Unfortunately, alot of the common breakfast foods, like cereal, aren't the most filling meals.  So! I find it useful to just eat "breakfast" for dinner!  It will be satisfying enough to get you through until you go to bed, but it won't be too much to just lay in the stomach all night while you sleep.- Takes about 5 min. total

**My family is also known for eating out alot, which can be a healthy lifestyle's worst enemy!  I have learned some tricks, however, and I've also found some very tasty but healthy meals at alot of big restaurants.  If you need advice regarding eating out, or if you would like to ask me about a good, healthy meal at a certain restaurant, E-mail me! @ Martin.2132@aol.com

Good Luck!

<3, Linds




No comments:

Post a Comment