Thursday, January 12, 2012

Another Day in the Life of a Healthy Girl

Today I made an amazing new discovery.....TURKEY BACON!  I bought a pack of it about a month ago, and never even opened it because, as I said in my last post, I'm not the type of person to spend any amount of time on cooking a meal!  This morning, however, I had extra time so I decided to try it out.  I had 1/3 cup of egg whites scrambled, 2 pieced of whole wheat toast with spray butter, and a couple pieces of turkey bacon.  IT WAS DELICIOUS.  I am one of those people who loves bacon!  So I was a little nervous when I went to try the turkey version..but I highly recommend it to anyone who loves bacon but is trying to eat healthier!

Halfway into my day I had my daily cup of coffee with 1 splenda and 2 Tbsp. of creamer.  Besides that, however, I didn't even eat lunch!  Now, I don't suggest skipping meals, but, because I had a good sized breakfast meal, (not to mention it was a later breakfast- about 9:30) I wasn't really hungry when lunch rolled around.  I also suggest that you DON'T eat unless your hungry!  It definitely creates bad habits like eating when you're bored...which, trust me, is an extremely difficult habit to break! But when 5:30 rolled around and I got out of class, I was definitely ready to eat!  My parents were going to O' Charleys and asked me to come, so I joined them.  Now, when some people mention "eating out" when they are on a diet, they FREAK OUT. As for myself, however, I have become very well-accustomed to eating out while I'm trying to eat healthy.  My family does it A LOT.  Therefore, I'm pretty good at finding good substitutions and key words for healthy meals at restaurants.  For dinner at O' Charleys, I ordered the grilled chicken breast meal but told them to put nothing on it and just give me a side of barbeque sauce.  For my ONE side, I ordered plain mashed potatoes.  I DID have a roll also! Which is also fine- in moderation.  The problem is that they're so good and right in front of you, so you eat 10 before you know it!  But I ended up eating all of my chicken and just half of my potatoes.  I was completely satisfied!

Here are some words to look for and to avoid when eating out!
After dinner, I quickly came home to get on our elliptical and lift some weights.  I hadn't worked out all day, and I knew the elliptical was callin' my name!  I'm not used to the elliptical because I usually just run on a treadmill...and it was alot harder than I thought it would be! I did 2 miles, and I did 3 sets of 12 on leg lifting, arm lifting, and back lifting.  I felt pretty accomplished!

Overall, it was a good, fit day!  It's getting easier to ALWAYS do some kind of exercise during the day and to opt for healthy food instead of junk.  It's amazing to see the results of just 2 weeks of eating and living healthy!  Not only do I feel better, but at dinner, my dad even said "Lindsay, your skin looks really clear!" ha! It's a big deal for him to notice something like that! Living healthy is my favorite. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment