Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 Will Be My Year

"2012 Will Be My Year" was definitely my motto going into this. In order to insure that all my binging and holiday treats were taken care of, Lindsay and I spent the entire weekend eating our favorite pizza and desserts and drinking little to no water. Well my side/hip flexor area started hurting Saturday evening and the pain has yet to stop. So I'm taking my workouts a tab bit easier this week until the pain goes away or if it doesn't go away-this girl will be at the doctor's office. Cysts, hernias, and kidney infections-these are the thoughts being tossed around by those I've shared the information about. I don't really want to deal with any of the above, but we shall see.

In order to prep for this year, I stocked my fridge with some goodies & am still searching for some new recipes. I've gotten great recipes and ideas and motivation for Pinterest. If you don't have an account-GET ONE! I got Lindsay addicted :) You will never be the same!


Last night I did the elliptical just to make sure I was doing something even with the abdominal pain. Here is a look at what my typical week will look like though---



WEEKLY WORKOUT TO DO


Monday



Yoga

Tuesday



Legs
1 Mile Run

Wednesday



Back & Chest
Elliptical


Thursday



Arms & Shoulders
1 Mile Run

Friday



DAY OFF!!!

Saturday



Elliptical/Swim

Sunday



Long Run
Stretch



I plan on printing this and adding some cute scrapbook paper and putting it in a frame and hanging it next to the mirror and scale. That way daily-I can cross off what I did with a dry erase marker and erase it at the end of the week and start over---via pinterest. Love that site!

I'm also taking this challenge. 


For lunch today, I opted for half a can of Healthy Request Tomato soup made with skim milk. I paired my soup with a grilled cheese sandwich made with 35 Calorie Wheat Bread & Fat Free Cheddar Cheese. I also went for coffee with a friend & made the WISE decision of a SMALL ice coffee with cream and one splenda. Probably the lowest calorie and lowest fat item I could have chosen besides just black coffee, and I cannot do that. I've gone on SEVERAL walks with the pups & will be heading to the gym in a few minutes for some strength training and some more elliptical. I hope to start running as soon as I get the injury figured out! Eek!

INSPIRATION FOR THE DAY

No comments:

Post a Comment