Tuesday, January 3, 2012

No Excuses.

Talk about having an excuse!  I woke up this morning to a lot of snow on the ground and a chilling 13 degree temperature.  I didn't even want to get out of bed, let alone go outside for a run!  I didn't worry about the cold weather, however, since I was planning on just going to the campus gym to run INSIDE.  As I was comforting myself with this thought, that's when it hit me.  I had forgotten that I needed a special sticker of some sort to get into the campus gym- which I did not get, and couldn't get today.  I had every notion to just say "I'll just start running tomorrow."  But I didn't let myself!  I got out of bed, ate a bowl of Special K cereal, and suited up for my run- with a lot of WARM clothing.  As soon as I stepped out of the house, I was FREEZING- but I kept going anyway.  About 5 minutes into my run, I slipped on the icy road and fell.  My knee practically bruised immediately! Excuse opportunity #2!  But, once again, I stood up and kept running.  End result of not giving in to my excuse opportunity?  The most amazing feeling of accomplishment I have ever had!  Fitness advice from this post?  #1- Be safe and cautious when you're running outside in harsh weather conditions!  Wear warm enough clothing, and be aware of the dangers that you may come across- such as icy terrain.  Luckily, I just hurt myself enough to discourage the rest of my run and laugh at myself for looking like an idiot! but such accidents can be very harmful, and may result in not being able to run or exercise for a while.  #2- Don't let ANY excuse that you come across or come up with get in your way.  Trust me, there will be PLENTY of them.  Be so determined that you do what you know you have to do no matter what.  Because, when it's all said and done, you will feel amazing about yourself.  It's worth it.

<3, Linds


No comments:

Post a Comment