Monday, January 21, 2013

Green Week

Happy Monday ya'll!

Just 4 days till Friday, right?

No but seriously, I hope that isn't your mindset every week.  If so, your life is going to fly by so fast and you won't even realize it! So don't wish your life away.  Take every day that God has given you and make the best of it - no matter where or how you have to spend it.

Psalm 118:24 says - "This is the day that the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it! &

Ecclesiastes 9:10 says - "Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest."

God has given you each day, so rejoice in it!  Don't just rejoice, but give it your absolute best shot now while you're alive instead of regretting it once you're close to the grave.

So even though it's extremely frigidly cold in my part of this glorious neighborhood on earth, I'm going to give this day my best.  Which includes my best in my "diet" / lifestyle.

This week is "Green Tea" week for me! I successfully made it through a whole week with no morning coffee!  Last week I swapped my morning coffee for a cup of hot black tea (50 mg less caffiene than coffee) and successfully had no headaches. This week, it's time for green tea (which has around 25 mg less caffeine than black tea).

I'm feeling great and saving alot of calories in the morning! For tea, I only add one teaspoon of Splenda.  With coffee? about 3 TABLEspoons of fatening and sugary creamer. I just feel much healthier sippin' on a cup of hot tea. Feeling healthier = acting healthier.

In honor of this week of drinking green tea, I decided to call it "Green Week." That means that I'm really going to focus on my greens - more green vegetables, salads, etc. My goal is at least one "green" meal a day.  Wanna join me on my green challenge?

Here's to a great, productive, and healthy week! Rejoice in it!

P.S. I lost half a pound for my weigh-in on Saturday.  Yea, it's not the full pound that I wanted, but hey, it's still progress! :) Looking forward to the next weigh-in!

Run-down of my weekend: Winter Jam 2013


The long and cold 4 hour wait!


The whole group together! This picture was taken for a radio station's website!


The lovely Jason Castro


TobyMac!


Jordan getting his hat signed by a Toby Mac band member

No comments:

Post a Comment