Monday, July 30, 2012

Ya Win Some, Ya Lose Some!

So I had a GREAT weekend!! It was filled with a lot of memory making and fun.

So my weekend started a little bit early in the afternoon on Friday. I worked a short day, and met a few of the girls (Melissa and Raquel) for lunch! Around where I work, there's not exactly the best choices of restaurants, so we ended up at the Hong Kong Buffet. YIKES! I kept my portions smaller than usual, though, and I counted the calories in my daily intake as a "Average Chinese Buffet Meal"...so it wasn't like I just went for a free for all!

On Friday night, some of the girls from my church threw a surprise 23rd birthday party/sleepover for my friend Melissa from California! I'm so glad she was able to be in Ohio with us for her birthday! The night consisted of singing 90's songs on the "Sing it" game, Catch Phrase, Apples to Apples, a scary movie, and a funny movie...and...of course, food! What kind of sleepover doesn't have junk food, right? In fact, one of the girls said at the beginning of the night, "Let's eat some junk food!!!!!!!" Ha...I knew it would be super hard to win this battle :(

But, as the saying goes, ya win some, ya lose some. And I could have lost MUCH worse than I did. My food choices did consist of a brownie (But I resisted the birthday cake and ice cream!!), and, of course, pizza. But I had 2 pieces of cheese...the least calorie packed type of pizza--plain cheese. We also had a veggie tray and fruit tray, so whenever I felt the urge to snack on something, I grabbed some cucumbers or grapes!
Melissa getting ready to blow out her candles!!!
On Saturday, I did a MUCH better job with my choices. I got quite a bit of exercise in the morning. I joined a group of people from my church to go around the neighborhood and pass out fliers to invite kids to our upcoming Vacation Bible School. It was quite a bit of walking--tied together with all of the walking that we did at the mall the whole day! As Britt already mentioned, we went to Mimi's Cafe for dinner. I kept it light with a cup of tomato soup and a Petite Wedge Salad with Low fact Citrus dressing. It was delish!!!! I highly recommend both. I also opted for a water instead of a diet soda (Which really helps reduce the effects of sodium that is poured into restaurant foods), and, I really wanted a cappucino, but I played it safe with just a regular coffee with cream and splenda. (Which was also super delish!) Seth and I spent most of the day by ourselves walking around the mall before we met the family for dinner. It was a super fun day!

My half-eaten Petite Wedge! :)
Today I'm doing great and just enjoyed a delicious bowl of chili with reduced-fat sour cream for lunch (350 calories and SUPER filling!)

Tonight I will be first heading to the chiropractor for my second alignment/treatment (Super eager for that), then off to go Laser Tagging with the Boyfriend and a few friends. That should be interesting :)

Have a great Motivational Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment