Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Oh Happy Day!

Happy Tuesday everyone!!!

When I say happy, I certainly mean HAPPY! I am having a GREAT week so far--and it's only Tuesday! So let me share some of my reasons of happiness with you.

First of all, let me start off by saying that last week--not so great!! It felt like everything that could go wrong DID go wrong. I ended the bad part of my week on Thursday with a car accident. :( My friend Kayleigh and I were planning to get manicures before a group of us went to the Christian concert at the fair that night. After our nails were done, Kayleigh was driving us to get something to eat at Long John Silver's, and we hit someone at an intersection. Thank goodness no one got hurt! But it did cause me to be pretty sore over the next few days. Now that I think about it, maybe God was trying to keep me from making the mistake of eating that fried nastiness. :)

Here's Kay riding in the front of the police car! Which means that I'm in the back! Yes, it was creepy...and very uncomfortable!
 The good news is that we still made it to the concert-just 10 minutes late! Not to mention we had some pretty cute manicures :)
The lead singer of "Abandon"- Love!
My bad week was pretty redeemed by the awesome weekend that Britt has already told you mostly about! We had SO much fun, and I look forward to staying with her like all year! Now that I have a better car, I'm going to have to make it more of a habit. :)
Jon caught me with my wine glass....filled with Diet Coke! :) He wanted to give my mom a heart attack.
Trying on the same dresses at Maurice's! Great deal for only $9.95! I got it..she didn't. But I totally wear it better anyway. hahaha Just messin' Britt! :)
What's a sister  trip without some Starbucks?? Non-fat White Peppermint Mocha with no whipped cream :) And yes...I'm sure you can see little cheat next to it. Chocolate covered graham crackers :) Me and Britt's fav cheat treat!

Before I left Britt's on Saturday, we went to the grocery store to do a little bit of exploring! First of all, I have to apologize to Britt! haha--In my last post, I had kinda sounded like a downer about her new-found diet. I didn't really mean to, but I thought she was crazy for deciding to become an organic vegetarian! After this weekend, I have a completely new outlook on what she's doing!  As she was explaining things to me, I realized that the plan she is following would benefit me in so many ways.

I have alot of issues with my stomach and digestive system that cause much more serious issues like fainting and dizziness. I'm pretty sure that alot of it could just be avoided if I started eating less processed foods and more truly natural foods that my body was CREATED to be able to handle properly. Talk about a duh-moment, right?

So my plan is to try this kind of lifestyle out for a while and see how much my body improves!

During our little grocery store adventure, Britt pointed out a bunch of great organic and all natural foods, ideas, and more! Here's some of the things we found together- and the items that will be on my grocery lists :)
Organic fruits and veggies-specifically peppers to dip with.....
THIS hummus! The best brand to get! All-natural and gluten and fat free! Yum!!
These will be my life-saver when I am in need of sugar! Lara-bars! All natural and organic, and Britt says that they taste exactly like the flavor they are!
Organic salad dressing - VERY important because there's so much processed junk in regular dressing!
Ezekiel Bread- the official all natural bread!
Honest Ade Lemonade- made with Stevia (all-natural sweetener-NOT Splenda)
Not my favorite, but if you're looking for a good substitute for diet or regular soda, this would be good for you!
I know I've only been trying this out for 2 days, but so far, I feel AWESOME! I haven't been dragging at work like I've grown accustomed to, and I can actually go to sleep at night at a decent hour. My body is loving it so far :)
*******************************************************************************
Besides all of the great news about the new diet, I have even MORE great news!

After almost 5 months of limiting myself and worrying about what was wrong with me, I FINALLY went to the chiropractor. Boy do I wish I would've gone a LOOONG time ago! It was absolutely amazing.

It's not like I'm totally fixed already, but everything that I learned while I was there (the chiropractic doctor was awesome and super informative) was amazing! As soon as he got my X-rays back, he told me EXACTLY why I was having the migraines after running....So I'll try explain this the best that I can...

He said that the top bone of my spinal column, which is the one bone that holds and keeps the entire skull in place, was shifted over like 2 places to the left. This bone also has a hole in the middle which the brain stem goes through. So, basically, when I was running, because this bone of mine was way out of place, my brain stem was knocking up against that bone and causing my neck pain and my migraines- and many other aches and pains that I've been having. I was fascinated! It felt awesome to finally know what was wrong with me. He basically called me family doctor a wacko for giving me blood pressure pills for my problem (Since my blood pressure isn't even high until I'm running- which is what is supposed to happen!!)

He also told me that I have aged signs of whip lash which he says looks like it happened about 5 years ago- around the exact time a girl slammed me on the ground in a high school basketball game. And my spine is a tad bit curved-but he is pretty confident that he can straighten it out.

He also explained why my legs hurt- both when I'm running and just walking. Apparentl my right hip was out of place too. Crazy! I never even knew!

Best part about my trip to the chiropractor? HE SAID THAT I'LL DEFINITELY BE RUNNING AGAIN FOR SURE IN ABOUT A MONTH!!!! Woo-hooooo! I was SO excited because I had just told Britt that I felt like just giving up on running forever because of all of my dumb issues that it causes! I'm looking forward to hitting the pavement again! :)

Moral of the story? GO TO THE CHIROPRACTOR. My best friend has always told me that I need to go, and I thought that I had no need and no problems. Man, was I wrong! My chiropractor is going to be my new go-to person when I have a problem with my body! They SOLVE the problem instead of MASKING the problem with drugs. I also learned alot when I went- I didn't feel like I wasn't worth 5 minutes of their time so  they were just going to tell me something to make me leave. (Like I always feel at the doctor's office). For instance, I learned that at the hair salon, when they lean your head back and put in their sink to wash it or to wax your eyebrows, that will shift that upper bone that is around the brain stem. I also learned that I was sleeping completely wrong and in a way that is bad for my back and neck, and that crossing my legs all the time was putting too much pressure on my neck and back. Good stuff!

I'll keep you all updated on how this next month goes with all of my chiropractor visits!

Sorry this was so long- but I told you that I had a lot of good news that I wanted to share with you! :)

So here's to my new, natural, healthy lifestyle that does NOT include processed foods and mis-prescribed, cover-up drugs!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! So much information here!! I havr had terrrrible back, hip, leg and joint pain for over a year consistently... Maybe the chiropractor will help! Already doing the healthy diet thing, but can definitely improve :) good for you girls!! Love all your "advice" and seeing how diet really DOES affect us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! We're glad to give the advice! You really should visit a chiropractor...you'll be amazed! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete