Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sweet Summer Time

I am loving this weather! It is gorgeous outside today at a comfortable 73 degrees and breezy. It's extremely motivating.

Jon & I have been running a few days a week at 6 a.m. It's great because I run. I shower. I nap. I wake up again. I get dressed. I cook breakfast. I walk my lovely pup. I go to work! Perfect morning, eh? I've been doing really well on my diet also! It's exciting. I feel like my new job is really motivating me and making habit changes much easier than it was at my old. Much more busy here at work than I was previously. Not much time to snack or eat extras. 

I have a few new things I've been trying out as well on my menu.

1. Kashi Go Lean Rolls: These bars are AWESOME. I would describe them as a healthy Payday alternative. Are the Paydays? No. But they seem to be similar in nature and texture. Instead of fatty peanuts on the outside, they use a rice krispy like bits. I have the carmel peanut ones. They are all natural and very healthy. 12 grams of protein & 6 grams of fiber in each bar! The only bad thing about these bars is that I can't read a lot of ingredients on the label. I love when I can read and am familiar with every single ingredient on the things I'm eating. Just feels good to know what you are putting into your body! Lara bars are the best at this.

2. Shirataki Fettucine Noodles: These are awesome as well. I had an entire bag for only 40 calories. You simply rinse the noodles, dry the noodles, cook them in microwave for 1 minute, and they are good to go! I added some precooked shrimp, olive oil, cayenne pepper (great for metabolism), lemon juice, garlic, & a pinch of garlic salt, & I microwave it for 60 more seconds. READY TO EAT! It was amazing. A little on the spicy side, but wow-how often can you make a legitimately good meal in the microwave? I HIGHLY recommend these noodles. Much better for you than traditional pasta. I'll be stocking up on these this weekend for sure!

3. Rosemary & Olive Oil Triscuits with Original Hummus: I've had trsicuits and hummus before but this was a delicious twist. Try Hummus! It is awesome for you and very filling. The protein you get is amazing for the calorie intake that goes with those grams of protein. The Rosemary & Olive Oil Triscuits had a great little punch for this typically more boring snack. I'd definitely recommend this snack for my fellow dieters :)

To finish up, I am back on Myfitnesspal so ADD ME! Lindsay has been thriving on this. I love Sparkppl but the food tracker is just too complicated especially in comparison to MFP. GET ONE! Set some goals. Make it happen.

Happy Thursday Readers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment