Monday, April 23, 2012

On a Roll!

I am proud to announce a weight-loss of 2 POUNDS!!! Some people might not think that's much, but it's a huge deal to me! It's been a while since I've dropped, and I worked super hard last week, so it feels goooood!

Like I said, I worked hard for those 2 pounds...but the kicker is, I enjoyed it! Ok, Ok...I didn't really ENJOY feeling pain while I was pushing myself to run, but after I actually did it, I felt like a million bucks. And trust me, It's paid off big time.

I started a 5k training program about 2 weeks ago, so I'm on my third week.. I can NOT believe how well it has worked! I hadn't gone running in a long while before I started this program, and, at the beginning, I felt like I was going to die. I'm only at the beginning of my 3rd week, and I ran over 4 miles today!! And it felt AWESOME! I know that I'll be ready to kick that 5k's butt when May 12th rolls around! Britt has posted it once before, but once again, here is the training that I'm following...
I encourage everyone to go online, find a 5k in your area thats at least 5 weeks away(there are always great ones going on that benefit really good causes!), and start this training program.  I'm not going to lie to you like a lot of people do, and tell you that it's a piece of cake and you barely even have to work for it! No, the first week is pretty rough...especially if you start like I did without having run for a while. But, as a motivating pin from Pinterest puts it...
And it's SO true! Forcing yourself to just get out and do it is the hardest part--not the actually running. If you do, you'll feel great like I felt today. If you don't, you'll regret it and the next day, you'll be smacking yourself and wishing that you would've made yourself do it.
After my VERY windy 4 mile run today! :)

Besides my running schedule, I also found some awesome Mint Green Tea at a local Amish store!

It's deeeeee-licious! I've been loving having a cup of this in the evening to just relax and wind down. (Unless of  course your sensitive to caffeine and not immune to it like me! :)) Either way, it's a great thing to have on hand when you THINK you're hungry buuuut you're really not. Just pop in a splenda, and one land-o-lake's creamer cup and you're good to go! Yum. :)

P.S. Props to Britt for the site re-vamp! Lookin' good!

No comments:

Post a Comment