Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Freedom!

Freedom feels soooo good! I officially finished Winter Quarter 2012 as of 3:00 A.M. after completing my research paper. I've been free for about 2 and a half hours and I don't even know what to do with myself! In my mind I'm thinking...there has to be some assignment that I have to work on or something! Ha...that's what an overloaded school schedule will do to ya! But, regardless of the tricks my mind is trying to play on me, I AM free! Well...free for about five days.

Haiti is just around the corner! I officially leave VERY early on Sunday morning! I'm not exactly sure how to explain my feelings...but I'm super excited and super nervous all at the same time! You can't blame me for being nervous...I've barely been outside of my own state!

Now, I know what you're thinking.....this is another one of her set-ups for telling us that she's been struggling with her weight-loss and fitness plan lately. But! It's actually my motivation right now.  You're right...the busyness of the end of the quarter of school HAS been getting to me, and I have barely even had time to think about what I eat...if I even made time to eat at all! But with these next few days of freedom, I am going to work my butt off to make up for the past few busy weeks.

I won't have a choice of what I eat while I am in Haiti, and I definitely won't have time to work out- let alone even have a PLACE to work out! But, a change in my every-day schedule is definitely going to help! After many nights of staying up until 2 AM trying to get some work done, it will be good for me to get on a schedule of going to bed at 10 PM and getting up at 6 AM. I also won't have access to junk food and snacks, and I'll be too busy to even think about eating those things anyway!

So all in all, I think that this trip is exactly what I need to set me completely back up on my feet on my fitness and weight loss journey! Sometimes that's all you need- just a little jolt from your every day routine.

So, wish me luck! I'll let you know how it all goes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment