Thursday, March 29, 2012

CHIPOTLE

So the first day of spring was when? Last week? Something like that. Any way-spring time means SPRING FOOD! I love when spring and summer come and bring the farmers market lifestyle with them. Carrying cash becomes a necessity to pick up some fresh fruit and vegetables on the way. So delicious. So here are some foods to make sure you add into your diet this spring :)

1. Asparagus-Try it steamed with a little lemon juice and a pinch of garlic salt. So good!
2. Radishes- I recently discovered my love for radishes. So crunchy and great in some homemade dill dip.
3. Avocados- They are going on sale everywhere and finally in season! You know about my love for avocados so need I say more?

Okay those are my top picks.

I had Chipotle for lunch. This was my healthy option for Chipotle.


1/3 of Rice Cilantro-Lime Brown Rice-There are no different nutritional facts for Brown rice, but I did get Brown. I also got 1/3 of the rice.
1/2 Black Beans
1/2 Pinto Beans
Fajita Veggies
Tomato Salsa
Corn Salsa
1/3 Cheese
1 Tbs Sour Cream
1 Tbs Guacamole
Romaine Lettuce

Make sure to order a salad so the base of your meal is lettuce opposed to rice. 

Totals were the following:
Calories: 420 Calories
Fat Grams: 16 grams
Carbs: 55 Carbs

Most of the carbs came from the corn. I had no idea that corn had that many calories or carbs. I will probably go for a tsp of the corn salsa next time to lower my totals. Very good and filling lunch though! I didn't quite finish it all.

Any good meals lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment