Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Back on the Band Wagon

I'm baaaack! hahaha I know I probably sound like a broken record, but I have done nothing but struggle for this entire month it seems! My stress level was turned on to high, and along with stress came some resurfaced bad habits and buried good habits. But when it comes down to it, the Nike slogan says it all- Just Do It! This is the mindset that I have decided to adopt on a daily basis. If I never slow down, take a deep breath, and get back on the band wagon now, I NEVER will.

So! Once again, here's my plan....

1. Re-associate myself with Myfitnesspal.com in order to track everything that I am putting it in my mouth!


2. Get back to my daily breakfast that includes 1 cup of Raisin Bran cereal (Instead of the sugary stuff like Trix that I have been opting out for A LOT lately!) with 1/2 cup of fat free milk, and a cup of coffee from my Keurig machine- 2 tbsp. of flavored creamer and one splenda packet!


3. Start drinking all of my necessary water every day (4 bottles, 8-8oz. cups)- Not only will this give me more energy to deal with all of the busyness that is going on in my life right now, but it will also keep me from eating unnecessary snacks just because I am feeling stressed. My new motto- When you feel the urge to snack, it is water that you lack! hahaha



4. Start moving again!! This one has been extremely difficult for me lately.  My parents just recently purchased a Live Strong elliptical machine- as Britt has mentioned before about my mom being a beast on it!  I, however, can not STAND it! I've never liked using elliptical machines..and I can't really give a good reason for it besides that fact that it smashes my toes when I use it.  But, either way, if I'm trying to exercise with something I hate, I will never stick to it. At the beginning of this month, I started running at the campus gym, but with the times of my classes, the only time that I could go was in the evening- when the guys' basketball team is having practice.  Every night that I went that week, a guy from the team got on the machine next to me and obnoxiously talked to me so that I couldn't even really work out.  So! Needless to say, I'm not going to be running at the campus during that time anymore. BUT! Here's what I AM going to do.

When my Spring quarter starts in about 3 weeks, I will have different classes with earlier times, so I think I will be able to work out on campus during a time that the team is NOT practicing!  But, until then, I have this DVD that is actually a really good work out!  You do a mile for each day, or you can do more.  Since this will be the only thing I am doing for a few weeks, I will probably do about 2-3 miles per day.  I also have a yoga DVD that I am planning to do on Saturday mornings! 


5. Re-form my buddy system with Britt! She left me a quite threatening voicemail about a week and a half ago telling me that I don't ever talk to her anymore..hahaha. But, I wasn't lying when I said having her as a fitness/weight-loss buddy REALLY helps! We're in this together, and keeping each other accountable is a MUST!
Britt & I this past weekend at my house with our matching Nike shirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment