Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Roll with the Good and the Bad

Of course, while I'm finally doing extremely well with running, I start not feeling well. Every day this week I have had a migraine and have felt completely and totally drained. Thinkin' somethin might be goin on with my eyes--but I guess we'll see. I really hope I don't need glasses...I'm the only person in my family who doesn't wear them, and thank goodness because I look AWFUL in every pair that I have ever tried on! Fingers crossed!
See!!! Ahhh! So nerdy! And these are my mom's glasses which are so adorable!
Well, I haven't gone running at all this week, but I am going to get a run in tomorrow regardless of how I feel. My running schedule calls for 3 days of running and 4 days of rest or cross-training, so I am just using these first three days of my week as my resting days, and I'm going to work my butt off the rest of the week!
 Besides the beginning of the week lull, I actually have a lot of good news to share!

1.) I dropped another pound from last week! It's coming off slowly but surely. It get's a little frustrating when I'm not losing as fast as I have in the past, but at the same time, I'm finally sticking to it as a lifestyle this time because I'm not going hard-core and burning myself out after a few weeks. The slower it comes off, the longer it stays off. So I'm content. :)

2.) I can run an 8 and a half-minute mile!!! That might be kind of lame to those of you who are experienced runners, but I am so very proud of myself! I have never been the runner type, so to have that kind of a running accomplishment is a big deal to me! On my running schedule tomorrow, I have to run for 35 minutes straight, so hopefully I'll be able to get in at least 4 miles during that time!
 
This little guy has been a HUGE help to me! I suggest that every runner get a nice stop watch to use during your run. It's both encouraging to know how you're doing, and it makes it so easy to keep track of your workout time. LOVE!


3.) During these few days of resting because I haven't felt good, I've gotten a lot better at tracking what I consume down to every single little bite. Because I didn't work out, I wanted to make sure that I didn't go over my daily calorie goal. Tracking everything that you eat is a HUGE help because sometimes you don't realize how many calories you really put into your mouth every day! The best resource to track is myfitnesspal.com. It's very easy to use and super helpful!

So, here's to a great rest of the week filled with lots of sweat and fat burning! :) Good Luck everyone! Don't give up- Just keep working toward your goals!
Down 3 pounds! Woo-hoo! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment