Friday, March 30, 2012

Summer Survival

My biggest struggle right now with the changing weather is staying away from all the delicious cold treats! I love ice cream of all sorts. I also love frozen cookies, popsicles, and much more. Temptation City! I have found a few ways to curb my frozen treat appetite without giving into all the calories and fat. Also knowing what exactly you are eating definitely helps me stay away from it. For example-Coldstone has ridiculous amounts of fat and calories even in the smallest portion available. A Like It serving of Sweet Cream Ice Cream has 320 calories and 20 grams of fat. It's just not worth it. Hagaan Dazs & Dairy Queen are the same way! A medium Butterfinger Blizzard alone is over 700 calories! Yikes!!! Be aware of what you are eating!

Instead of going out, try Edy's Fat Free Yogurt Blend. I will admit that on its own, it does not taste like ice cream, but I've started using it to make smoothies and milkshakes and it's awesome. I take a few scoops of this and add some skim milk with whatever you want to make a yummy frozen dessert. I even put oreos in one and it's still WAY better for you than going to DQ. And much cheaper. The first time I put in 4 oreos but it was way too much. I tried one cookie the next time and it was perfect! You don't need much to make it good-and fewer calories! PERFECT!


I also freeze grapes in the summer time. Quick, cool treat that I can just grab a bag of and go! 
 I also get Weight Watcher Latte Bars which are only 90 calories and absolutely delicious! Rocket popsicles are another good choice coming in at only 35 calories.




So try some of these cool treats this summer to help you reach those goals and resist temptation. 

Today is Jon's last day at his current job! Celebrating by going to De Novo with some friends! Lobster Mac & Cheese will be my temptation to resist. I'll opt for a salad instead. Always make your decision before arriving! I've already checked out their menu online to ensure this happens :) Happy Friday Ya'll!!!

P.S. Running starts Monday!!! Ahh I am so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment